There are a number of simple but critical reasons why coffee made using AeroPress tastes better than coffee made using coffee machines, coffee plungers and other styles of coffee making equipment:
- NO BITTERNESS. The ground coffee is fully immersed in hot water right from the start of the brewing process so the flavour extraction happens fast (20-40 seconds). This means you avoid the bitterness that comes with longer extraction times.
- LOWER ACIDITY. A fast brew time also means lower acidity. In fact laboratory tests show that AeroPress coffee has less than one fifth of the acidity generated by regular drip coffee makers. This is great for sensitive stomachs.
- RICHER COFFEE. AeroPress uses a ‘total immersion brewing’ process that uniformly extracts flavours from all parts of your coffee ground. Other coffee makers drip water onto the grounds resulting in over-extraction in the drip zone and under extraction around the edges of the coffee ground. The AeroPress brewing process results in richer coffee flavours with more depth and complexity.
- NO GRIT. Unlike other press style coffee makers, the AeroPress micro-filters give you grit-free coffee. No more sludge or coffee dirt in the bottom of your mug, just pure, clean, rich tasting coffee. Mmmm.
- FAST. Start sipping your coffee around 2 minutes after you start the process. When it tastes as good as AeroPress you’ll appreciate the speed.
- SAFE. All the AeroPress components are made from polypropylene (other than the rubber seal). There are no BPA or phthalates so you can drink your coffee safe in the knowledge that it will be a clean experience.
Apart from the great coffee, why use AeroPress?
- INEXPENSIVE. Sure, you can get a cheap plunger from Kmart, but if you want to be brewing your own quality coffee, most equipment is going to cost you an arm and a leg. The AeroPress is the clear exception here, and we’ve never looked back.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. AeroPresses create minimal waste (grounds and paper filters – definitely not aluminium casings), all of which you can pop in your compost. Even the AeroPress itself can be recycled in most municipalities. Manufactured in California, all black components of the AeroPress are injection moulded to minimise wasteful off-cuts
- PORTABLE. With the essential components of the AeroPress coming in at around 200g, this is truly a portable system – “just add water”. Pair your AeroPress with the Porlex Mini hand grinder and you can have an A grade brew at the drop of the hat anywhere in the world (we’ve even seen someone using their AeroPress on a long-haul flight). The AeroPress is light, tough and will go anywhere with you.
- SIMPLICITY. The AeroPress is a study in design simplicity. No moving parts, nothing that’s going to break down, nothing that’s going to void the warranty if you open it, nothing that needs unscrewing to clean. In a world seemingly bent on complexity it’s a beautiful thing to have exceptional quality and total simplicity in one inexpensive product.
Ultimately, it’s the simplicity of the AeroPress and it’s ability to produce an absolutely quality brew that will have you absolutely stoked with your AeroPress coffee maker.
There isn’t a good reason not to get one, so go on, hop over to our shop. You’ll be pleased you did.